The Power Of The Latinx Vote
Challenge: Six months out from the 2020 election, less than half of eligible Latinx voters were registered to vote and Voto Latino was in need of donor funding to remain operational through the election.
Approach: The unregistered Latinx community is predominantly Gen-Z and Millennials, who are more likely to use social media and engage online with content from celebrities or influential/trusted voices.
- Leveraged VL founder and CEO as spokesperson to build trust in an authoritative voice that could mobilize action through content, paid social and high visibility earned media opportunities
- Inserted VL into relevant news cycles such as the impact of COVID-19 and BLM movement to reach target with compelling storylines about the registration process, fundraising, and POVs on key issues to the Latinx community
- Created the Impact Council with celebrities, brands, politicians and influencers committed to supporting VL’s efforts with pre-recorded ads, live social media programming, op-eds and online content
- Directly registered 500,439 voters for the 2020 election cycle – surpassing its 500K goal and representing the most registrations in Voto Latino’s 15+-year history
- Raised $33M from donors, more than doubling target of $15M
- Engaged high-profile celebrities including Selena Gomez, Salma Hayek, Zoe Saldana, and Camila Morrone