Challenge: As the world approached the one-year mark since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Unify Ukraine sought to drive awareness and engagement among Americans about the ongoing occupation by Russia and its disastrous consequences.
- Leveraged the Ukrainian Day of Unity (Jan 22) as a catalyst for a unified social movement bolstered by celebrity advocates Bethenny Frankel and Maks Chmerkovskiy and a seamless integration of national news, social media, OOH, paid media, and an immersive sunflower activation in NYC
- Spotlighted Ukraine and Poland’s friendship as a shining model of unity by showcasing stories of Polish civilians welcoming Ukrainian refugees into their homes and the Polish government’s political, military, and humanitarian commitments to Ukraine
- Delivered a solemn reminder of the war’s losses to national leaders with blackened sunflowers that patrolled key locations in DC such as the Russian embassy, Senate and House office buildings, US Department of State, White House, Capitol Building, and Embassy Row on Massachusetts Avenue
- Achieved 79 million paid media impressions by state on social, display, YouTube, native, sponsored content, and New York broadcast and OOH
- Sparked over 19,000 mentions throughout the Ukrainian Day of Unity, with a 438% increase in engagement over the prior week
- Earned over 73 news stories in key outlets such as USA Today, Yahoo!, TimeOut, Secret NYC, and more